Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

Gwennie Gwen Gwen

So confession time- I've had the new UD Gwen palette for a whole week and this is the first time I've whipped it out. I didn't even take the protective sheet thing off the mirror until now. In all honesty, while its a lot prettier in person, it's not really my colors. Don't get me wrong, I have every Naked palette and I love them all, but this is too many neutrals for me. It's just not a particularly exciting palette for all the hype and how absolutely beautiful the packaging is. Buuuut there is a lot you can do with it. (I just also got the new Vice palette and the Venus II at the same time and those are SO much fun)

So, here's the first run!
I used the colors: Blonde, Stark, Anaheim, Punk, Zone, Pop, and Baby. Probably could have done a bright lip with this, but I just wanted to try out the palette, nothing too fancy (plus I still need to get my lips nice and soft again, they've been so rough cuz I'm still sick 😩). But it's a nice neutral day look for sure. 

Second New Years practice run!
Used the colors: Blonde, Bathwater, Stark, Pop, and 1987. Should probably mention that the second run (pictured above) was done while decently tipsy, and it's a practice run for New Years makeup so not so shiny and fancy as real makeup. I also added some sugarpill Goldilux loose eyeshadow to the top of this as well as some UD heavy metal glitter eyeliner in Midnight Cowboy. On lips more UD with the matte rev Bad Blood lipstick and liner, with Lime Crime glitter in Aries overtop. So much glitter!!!
I also tried to do an Ahitstosa! Look with the gold with white (Lime Crime) eyeliner, but I def lean toward liking the black. So maybe for the real deal I'll use white as an accent and not the main attraction. 

Side note- here's the real New Years look
I was a bit drunky pants by this point so it's not the clearest, but here it is! Also added some Blackmail UD matte lipstick to the ends to get a bit of an ombré look.

So the moral of the story, is it's basically another Naked palette with a few pop-y (get it? Cuz Gwen stefani? Lol) shades thrown in. And I'll def play with it, but it might be more of a really good additive palette to go with other looks. Unfortunately one of the shades I was most excited about (Danger, the blue sparkle shade) is not nice on me at all. It loses its vibrancy immediately upon application and has tons of fallout. It even goes almost a browny-grey look and muddy instead of a nice blue with the sparkle almost nonexistent. But I can't complain about those neutrals- they look great as crease shades and to blend out edges. 
Can't wait to try out the rest of the collection!

Bonus pic from NYE
If you don't have a spirithoods coat or hood, you need one. And a percentage of the profits go toward helping endangered animals! I never want to take this galaxy wolf coat off. Also wore the Fatale Dress from Black Milk, which is skin tight awesomeness. definitely a fun wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment